Facing redundancy? Pro-bono coaching offer
There is no doubt that we are all facing challenging times at the moment. We have been touched by the many stories of personal and professional loss due to COVID-19.
Over the last few months, The People Development Specialists has been coaching individuals on a pro-bono basis within the aviation, travel and tourism industries who have been made redundant, or are facing the possibility of redundancy. We started with this sector as we have many friends and colleagues within these industries who have been recently impacted by this. We wanted to do our part to support them.
However, we have come to recognise that by joining together with other coaches in our network, we can broaden our reach to anyone (regardless of their industry) who is currently facing the challenges of redundancy or the likelihood of redundancy.
Some reasons you might want to consider coaching at the moment:
- Your mind is full of lots of different thoughts, feelings, ideas and options, but you’re unsure of how to make the best decision or what path to choose
- You know you’ve got some good skills, experience and strengths, but you’re uncertain how to articulate these in an impactful way
- You’ve got some ideas about the “what next”, but would appreciate bouncing these around with an impartial thinking partner
- You’re conscious that some of your relationships are under a lot of pressure right now and you want to take good care of them
- You’re looking to develop some strategies that would help you navigate your current circumstances
What does a coaching session involve?
Some reported benefits from pro-bono coaching:
- Gaining a sense of control over your current situation
- Seeing yourself and your strengths in a different light
- Thinking with more clarity
- Taking action after a period of deliberation and/or procrastination
- Developing confidence in your own ideas and decisions
What experience do the coaches bring with them?
How much pro-bono coaching is being offered?
This pro-bono offer would include an initial half hour conversation (via phone or video call) with you and one of the coaches to establish mutual expectations, and to see if coaching is right for you at this time. Once you are both agreed on this, there would be two complimentary coaching sessions to follow at mutually convenient times for you both.